Chase No Face on Facebook

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Help!

I have found a nasty webpage that they took a pic of Chase and wrote nasty things about her. Does anyone know how to prevent people from using the pictures and videos on this blog for mean purposes? I'm so sad about this. She is such a sweetheart and people can be so cruel.

Thanks!

Chase's Mom

47 comments:

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest little Miss CHase! People (and I use this term in a vague sense!) can be very cruel to those of us who are different. It is mostly because the are afraid of what they do not understand. Dragonheart and I are also different and we know how cruel and hurtful these comments are. I do not know how to prevent such things from happening because I am not to computer smart being an old cat. I do know this thing is true...people who hate cats will in their next life come back as rats on a ship full of hungry cats:) Keep that picture in your mind and do not give these poor creatures any power over your precious heart!
All my love and admiration...Miss Peach

Jan said...

We are so sorry this ever happened. Some people are cruel and spiteful. Please know you and Chase have friends who care.

Jan's Funny Farm

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh that's so sad. :( Some people are poopy. Chey has good ideas. And Miss Peach is right about some people.
We think Chase is great! So brave. A lot braver than us. :)
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree, Pepi, and Mom Robyn

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Dis is why mom likes us better den some beans...we love effuryone but some so called humans are cruel. We mostly just ignore dem. How could dey say mean things, yoo had an accident, most likely caused by some ignorant human. It makes yoo look different but yoor still a nice floofy kitty and yoo still are a loving, living creature. Phooey on dem bad beans.

Toby Snowshoe said...

Oh, that makes me furry mad! Chase is a lovely girl, inside and out!

Purrs!

Ashley said...

Oh no! Grrrrrr to the mean beans! Chase is obviously a sweet, lovely floof-adorable poodin!

Purrs,
Ashley
http://fluffyfelinefriends.blogspot.com/

ML said...

KC said...
O, sweet little Miss Chase. not all beans are like tha ones in tha Cat Blogosphere. some are so narrow-minded and mean about anything that is even a little bit different. Tha sad fing fur them is they's missing a lot, like in ur's case, they don't know what a brave hero (hero-ess?) u's be.
Jus remember what Miss Peach said about tha rats (hee hee), she is furry smart.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Marilyn MonREOW said...

Oh, precious sweetie girl Chase -- others have given you such good advice and wise words, but I want to say that I am so sorry to hear what those nasty people have done.

I love what my darling sister Peachy said about people who hate cats coming back as rats. That's purrfect.

My heart aches for you and your sweet Mom -- I just don't understand why some people feel a need to be hateful and wantonly cruel, lashing out at those who are innocent and full of love. Protect your sweet hearts as best you can against their pettiness and mean-spiritedness. Loving hearts are tender, and yours is a most loving heart.

Chey gave you excellent advice as to your blog. She's very wise and technologically savvy!

Chase, you are beautiful, both inside and out, perceived both with the eyes of the mind and the eyes of the heart, and don't listen to hate-filled, mean-spirited people who say otherwise. You are brave, courageous, and inspiring -- and Mom, my siblings and I have loved you from the moment we met you on your blog. Feel our love surrounding you, and the love of all of us on the Cat Blogosphere.

My love and purrs to you, precious sweetie girl, and my Mom sends love and hugs to your Mom.

Leslie said...

We send you our support and warm thoughts at this difficult time. XX

Samantha, Clementine and Maverick said...

Oh Chase, you are such a sweetie and so brave! There are such mean people! You have got some excellent advice and we hope it helps! Maybe you can report it to the blog platform they use? Tigger and I would like to give whoever is doing it the bitey!
Your FL furiends,

Tiger Lily said...

Oh Chase! I hope you can figure out something to do that will stop those mean people. Mom doesn't know anything but she will ask the ITS people where she works if they can give her some ideas. I think what Cheysuli and Marilyn said sounds very good.

We love you! Purrrrrrrrrssssssss and tail wags

Jemima, Zeke, Sushi, Tiger Lily and Ruckus

Karen Jo said...

Cheysuli and Marilyn have given you some really good tips on prevention. I would really look into that link Marilyn gave you. It looks really good. I have a hard time believing how mean some of my fellow humans can be sometimes. Never forget that you are surrounded by people who care about and love Chase.

Astrid and the kitties Kashim, Othello and Salome said...

We are so sorry to hear this. we know it hurts lots to read something mean about the ones we dearly love.
some people just don't know that if they haven't something nice to say, they shouldn't say anything at all.

from all we know you are such a nice and sweet kitty girl much loved by you mom and very brave.
no matter that you may be different somehow we cats here love you just the way you are. it's what's in your soul and heart that shines through and makes you as pretty and precious as you are.
Sadly not all people can see with their hearts - so they miss lots fo wonderful things and experiences - such as meeting you!

love and purrs and hugs to you and your mom
Kashim & Othello + Mommma Astrid

Dragonheart and Merlin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs* Chase. I know how cruel people can be. Since I look different from other cats, since I have no fur, I sometimes receive mean, cruel comments on my blog. So I know what it's like.

You've received some great advice so far - the no right click script that Marilyn provided is good (if you need help trying to install such a script, let me know), and the Creative Commons license that Chey mentioned is a good idea too.

You are beautiful, inside and out, dear Chase. You are a very brave and very special cat.

Parker said...

You have been given some great advice here. Chase, we think you are beautiful inside and out and we are sorry that there are awful humans out there who would be cruel to you.
All our love and smooches!

Ramses said...

I fink you can report the site to their ISP/Host and you could also try to do the same to your own ISP/Host, they might have some additional ideas on what you can do too... It's just horrid what some people can do to kitties and/or their images, My Mummy knows this all too well having rescued cats all her life. The story of how she got her Siamese Barbie-Q is enough to make your furs curl readin' it! :( Anyway good luck getting them dealt with, you're one amazing kitty! :)

Eric and Flynn said...

Chase we are so sorry you have had to put up with such nastiness from some mean person. Your courage makes you beautiful. Remember you have many, many furrends who love you.

Pierro said...

Well, here are 22 very inspiring replies already.
All we can say is that we are very very sorry. Some people are very sad and mean. This is what makes them feel big. They laugh at others short comings and do not see beauty in anything that displeases them.
Chase, we love you and we know how you feel. We are 16 and a half year old cornish rex kitties. There were not many of us around 16 years ago and we had many people come to our house and say that we were the ugliest cats they had ever seen.
My mom used to be very very polite in her response and tell them they need to get their eyes checked... but really there were other issues they need to have checked.... like grace... and tact.... and what about kindness and love.

We love you. Never forget that.
Then hurtful words and outrageous deeds can be ignored.

Monty Q. Kat said...

If it's somethin' like LiveJournal then you can report the post, but other than that I think Chey had the best idea.

As for me, just point me to the site and I've got a little something saved I can drop on their host...

Angus Mhor said...

Chase, you are such a dear, and no one who does such thoughtless things deserves even a moment of your consideration, much less anxiety. I pity them for their small hearts.

You, on the other hand, are beautiful and brave and definitely FLOOFY!, Which I like very much.

In Texas, we take such coyotes as these and shoot'em and throw'em over the barbed wire fence as a warning to other coyotes! Just let me at'em!

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, li'l missy chase--we are so, so sorry that some beans choose to be poop-heads!!!

what cheysuli suggested is the best for positive action. what the rest of us say is right--we loves you as you are, an' there are many more thousands of us than there are of the poop-heads. don't let them getcha down. you are perfect, in this moment, just as you are!! and we see and understand your fightin' spirit an' inner beauty--those are what counts. if somebody chooses not to see those an' appreciate you, you don't need their opinion to go on being the wonderful soul that you are.

with all our love an' best fishes, an' gentle headbonks--

nelson lapurr, edmund percival hillary, nitro s pierce, an' xing lu pierce

peeyes: i'm sure my beloved miss midnight will understand if i offer to be your champion. should you efurr find out who the poop-head was. be assured that i will skewer him unmercifully in the lists!! --sir edmund

Tyler said...

Dear Chase and Chase's mom,

I just wanted to add my kitty voice to the others who want you to know that we love you even if you look different from us. An accident could happen to any of us including the cruel lowlives that stole your picture. I personally don't think these types are worth a moment of our attention because they are simply not worth it. Please focus on all of us who want to reach out and give Chase kitty hugs and purrs. I think you all are the bravest and best kitty and family of them all. We love you Chase!

Ruis said...

Hey sweet Miss Chase - I am so sorry to read what they did to you.

Unfortunately some beans are mean and not thinking before they speak also like Miss Peach write they are scared for everyone/everything what they don't know.

A few weeks ago we had hate comments about my staff, and they were very sad and hurt by it.

It is very difficult to prevent this kind of thing, Chase. I see you already put the "no right click" script in and the Creative Commons button up. The "no right click" script can help, but is not "The ultimate solution", it still is easy possible to copy pictures from your side and it only works in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

You can also put a watermark image or text in your photo, I can help you with that if needed. It will again not prevent from stealing your photos, but in this case there is always your sign, your website address on the photo... if they don't stuff it away, but there is a solution for.

I hope some of these things help. But never forget that that are LOTS of kitties, doggies and beans loving you!!

Again, if you need help with a watermark sign let me know, my email is on our bloggie.

Hugs and Purrs
~Ruis

Beau said...

Chase, you are sooo beautiful and wonderful, both inside and out like everyone else said. Also like someone said, it is why mom likes animals better than humans. If you need additional help check with Tuxedo Timmy's (http://timothydickens.blogspot.com/) mom. His blog has it where you can't steal pictures, so they know how to do that. We think this is furry, furry mean and cruel. Some humans just don't know how to be nice to others. Mom is different so we both understand this. Remember everything everyone has said. Mom says when people are like this we need to pray for them because they evidently need it! Take care and know that you are loved and cared about many, many others. Blessings to you always!!

Bogdan, the editor said...

Chase,
we are so sorry. Humans are very mean sometimes.

You are beautiful and loved!

-Bogdan, Sara and Kat3

Derby, Ducky said...

Miss Chase, lots of purrs and headbonks to you. I can't give technical advise, but the people who did this have no brains or compassion. They probably would make fun of other people who are different too. They just don't understand that what is on the outside is not who we really are.

We of the Cat Blogoshpere love you and support you. Purrs.

brandi said...

Dear sweet and brave Ms Chase:

We are sorry that you have experienced such poopies on the internet. Please believe you are loved and respected and looked up to by lots and lots of beans and kitties, and many would rise to your defense!

brandi said...

Dear sweet and brave Ms Chase:

We are sorry that you have experienced such poopies on the internet. Please believe you are loved and respected and looked up to by lots and lots of beans and kitties, and many would rise to your defense!

brandi said...

Dear sweet and brave Ms Chase:

We are sorry that you have experienced such poopies on the internet. Please believe you are loved and respected and looked up to by lots and lots of beans and kitties, and many would rise to your defense!

brandi said...

Dear sweet and brave Ms Chase:

We are sorry that you have experienced such poopies on the internet. Please believe you are loved and respected and looked up to by lots and lots of beans and kitties, and many would rise to your defense!

brandi said...

Dear sweet and brave Ms Chase:

We are sorry that you have experienced such poopies on the internet. Please believe you are loved and respected and looked up to by lots and lots of beans and kitties, and many would rise to your defense!

brandi said...

Sorry about the repeats. Just a computer thing.

THE ZOO said...

that is very mean of someone to do something so bad. that is on their Karma. Youre a very sweet and pretty girl. We cant all look just alike, that would be boring.

Kaze, Latte, & Chase said...

We have no other advice but we wanted you to know that there are far more nice people who love Chase and think she is so special (in a wonderful way!). Kaze gets comments about her size/ears/etc. and it upsets the Woman but she's just learned that lots of people are just IGNORANT but it still makes her sad. ((hugs))

the boy Chase

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh Chase, we are so sad to hear that someone has hurt your feelings. Some beans can be very mean sometimes. They just don't understand and are very ignorant. We are sorry that they made you feel bad. We don't know how to stop them from doing that except for the power of all the good beans (like the ones who help in the Cat Blogosphere) and all the kitties and other animals who love you so much and think you are beautiful! Please do not let certain mean beans get you down. Big hug to you, sweetie!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Pumpkin said...

I see that yu already got sum reely good advice abowt what yu can do but I just wanted to send yu lots of purrs in support. I fink yore bee-you-tiful!

Ariel said...

I don't understand how people can be so cruel.This makes me both sad and mad at the same time. Chase is a beautiful kitty with a sweet heart.
I admire her and am very proud to call her my friend.

PB 'n J said...

Oh brave Chase, some Beans are so mean, they don't see your true and beautiful spirit!

Our Mom says to look into copyright software for your pictures, it will put a water mark on them making them less readable (and probably less likely to be taken). She's not sure where to get it, but she knows it's out there.

Just remember that for every one cruel person, there are so many more that love and respect you.

The Cat Realm said...

Hello sweet Chase - it seems that you got a lot of really good advice already, nothing much I can add.... Only that it makes me REALLY angry to hear how mean some people are!
Just know that you have MANY MANY friends who all admire you.
And we agree with Miss Peach - people who do such horrible things will one day have to pay for it!
Your friend Karl

Mr. Hendrix said...

Dearest Chase, I am appalled that anyone would say something cruel about you. I think you have had wonderful advice so far.

You just remember, you are surrounded by love on the cat blogosphere and even tho words can hurt, there a a bazillion more of us who love you and adore you for just who you are. Please don't let those people bring you down buddy.

Big hugs to you and your beans.

jane said...

To Chase, her Mum and Dad,

The people who would say mean things about you only demean themselves further by doing such things. People who are unkind are weak and frightened by difference and strength that they don't have. Stay strong, the three of you, don't allow mean words to hurt you. Your work as a Therapy Cat is a profound and wonderful thing, the love and care you have from your Mum & Dad makes the three of you invincible! Take care xx

Anonymous said...

Chase, you are such a brave kitty. It's nice to know you. It's also good to know that the mean people will get their reward in the afterlife in a place that is NOT cool/cold. In fact, I think they will be very VERY HOT!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

The ONLY positive thing I can say is that I think that page (which has removed the photo) is what piqued my curiousity and sent me on a search to find Chase, brave and beautiful in an unconventional, uniquely special way.

Anonymous said...

I didn't read all of the comments, but like Fatchan said, the first time I saw a picture of Chase (I was told she had no face, but not that her face had no fur) I was quite shocked. After looking through your blog, though, I've gotten used to how this pretty kitty looks, and from the start I have had a sense of sympathy and compassion for her for going through what she did. I think anyone that can say something mean about such a wonderful animal that has been in an accident is an absolutely worthless human being. This poor creature can't help what happened to her, and she is so very lucky to have found someone to love her.

Patches and RaeRae said...

dear miss chase,

my bean is writing this for seeing as i cannot type...i am an old kitty and am not smart in the ways of computer...i wanted to say that my mommy showed me your story and had actually seen a message broad about you that wasnt nice...my mommy and i were very mad at those people and otld them they were VERY BAD BEANS! and that you are pretty kitty and very brave!
btw- how do you get your fur to stay that nice?! =0.0=

meows and kisses!
-patches!

LadyCris said...

Chase's mom,
We are sorry that happened and hope that there is a way you can copywrite your pictures. Momma asks if there is anyway to proscute for teh maluse and abuse of another loving kitty's idenity? We know what it is like to be different I have a total of 8 extra toes and my brother was a street kitty who now has a bald belly. Mommma said she had to adjust for a few minutes after seeing chase's picture so not to feel sad. We are proud to see she is living a happy life.

Many Mews,
MirIam and Sparrow

Forty Arcminutes said...

Dunno if that page is still up, but you can definitely send them a cease and desist letter to get them to take your pictures down.