Chase No Face on Facebook

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Therapy visits

Well, I have had a harder time in the past year finding places to visit than I thought I would. It is hard to find places that accept cats due to the increase in allergies. I have no problem getting into retirement homes but I really would prefer to work with impressionable children and help show them some life lessons on acceptance and compassion. I have been able to visit children with special needs and that was awesome but I am still searching for more opportunities- so wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kit10 said...

Good luck. I think this would be a wonderful opportunity for you. As the mother of a former therapy cat, I can vouch for what a great experince this is.

A few Good Cats said...

We wish you luck in your efforts. My human's been going through some struggles lately, and this quote has helped keep things going:

"...I believe brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. They are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something."

Randy Pausch, Ph.D. (1961-2008)

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hi Chase! I am also a therapy kitty. Right now I visitated just Nursing Homes but I am waiting and soon I will get a special approval to visit some parts of the Hospital. Also - I got invited to a special Grief Counseling children's camp and I will be going to Read Fur fun at our local library in November and December!!! I got a lot of opportunities because we joined a special Club through Delta Society in our town. Do you have a Club like that? I am happy to hear all about another therapy cat!!!

-Figaro
www.fig.kittybloggy.com

Mickey,Georgia , Tillie said...

Hi Chase. It's been too long since I visited you,sorry.
I am happy you are doing well!!! I will purr for you to find more places to visit. I believe you are a marvelous Therapy Kitty :) I wish people could see what a benefit you would be,especially to younger people :)
Purrs Mickey