Chase No Face on Facebook

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Q & A

Q:  i have a question: how does she sleep with no eyelids? does she have to be in a perfectly dark room? also, that damn wind chime on this page made me think i was hearing things again

A: She does enjoy sleeping under a blanket or in a dark room. However, she can sleep in a well lit room as well. She has one partial eyelid so when her eyes fall down -one eye is covered but the other is not. It doesn't seem to hinder her sleeping much at all.

PS- sorry for the wind chime making you think you are going crazy.

6 comments:

Dymon Enlow said...

Chase is very unique looking. I'm surprised that nobody has tried to cast her in a movie or TV show.

Daisy said...

I don't think you have to have eyelids to sleep. It's more about your brain shutting down and resting than about the eyelids closing.

I think the chime sounds pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree with Daisy. Personally, I don't think I could do it, but there are certainly people who fall asleep with open eyes, so why not kitties?

It took me a few visits to clue in that it was your site chiming, but now I'm used to it and it's cute.

Anonymous said...

You get tired enough, it's amazing what kind of odd sleeping positions and conditions you can endure. Anyone who has slept in a bathtub after a college houseparty can attest to that.

ps - Actually, I kind of like the windchime.

Sarah said...

My roommate has urged me to tell you this story involving wind chimes.

At 11pm, I got a call from my friend AD. She told me that her apartment was haunted and she (and her roommate, SV) needed me to come over. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this, and all the squealing in the background didn't help. My roommate woke up and wanted to know what this was all about, but it was difficult to get an answer out of the screaming ladies. They had heard a ghostly jingling noise all over their apartment and couldn't find its source. They even took down their wind chimes. I asked if they needed me to spend the night, and they said yes, so I packed up and headed over.

As soon as I got to their door (and knocking made them scream), I realized what it was and became upset that I'd walked all the way over -- in the dark, down my creepy alley. First, though, SV asked me to ask their neighbors if they had any wind chimes. Not necessary, as I pointed to AD's computer and asked if she had Chase's blog up, which she did.

She and her roommate were terrified of the little wind chime in the corner -- absolutely terrified. SV even made her boyfriend come over. The squealing didn't subside, unfortunately, and they've developed a permanent fear of wind chimes, but at least I got to go back home. I called my roommate immediately and she said "Oh, I *knew* that's what it was!" For some reason she didn't mention it until I'd walked over. Ugh.

Sorry that was so long. I'm bad at telling stories and it was kind of complicated and stupid.

Christine and FAZ said...

I like the wind chime. FAZ